Too often the emotional tug for a property, or the desire to buy, exceeds the desire to fully investigate many very important factors that will impact your quality of life.
Here are 7 things that you need to consider before buying a new home:
- Location relative to your job (if relevant)
- Proximity to grocery shopping, auto service, bank
- Actual land topography, grade, drainage, in addition to hardscape surfaces of property under consideration.
- Egresses, size of entry foyers, coat closets, access to basements.
- Foundations. I like poured concrete, with good exterior exposure of 12″ from land to wood.
- Plumbing pressure via my 3 fixture test. Run water in tub/shower, sink and then watch sink water for drop of pressure when you then flush the toilet.
- Neighbors properties conditions that you feel comfortable with and that will impact the value of the property under consideration.
Have other questions? Thinking of buying or selling?